Waxing is a form of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks, although some people will start to see regrowth in only a week due to some of their hair being on a different growth cycle.
Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows, face, pubic area (called bikini waxing), legs, arms, back, abdomen and feet.
Benefits of Waxing over Shaving:
- It lasts longer than shaving because it pulls the hair from the roots.
- No cuts or nicks that can leave you with scars.
- Waxing produces smoother results because hair is pulled from the root.
- Waxing will make your skin feel smoother longer without feeling itchy, because of slower hair regrowth.
- Contrary to popular belief, waxing is not always painful. If you do it right, it is almost pain-free.
- Waxing is fast and convenient.